Available birth control options include:
- Birth control pills
- Condoms (Visit the CDC website for more information about the effectiveness of condoms at preventing unwanted pregnancies.)
- Injection (Depo-Provera equivalent)
- Referral for other methods
- Sterilization referral
- LARCS (long acting reversible contraceptives)
What birth control method should you consider? Visit the BedSider website
to help decide what birth control method is right for you.
Information to Remember
- If you need a pap smear or an exam for a vaginal infection, do not douche, insert vaginal medication or have sexual intercourse for at least 24 hours (preferably 48 hours) before testing.
- You’re encouraged to contact the Health Department at 785-843-0721 or Email Lawrence Public Health Department, if you have concerns about your birth control method or STDs.
Family Planning brochure
To download a copy of the brochure,click Copy of Brochure.