Be Active Safe Routes
In Lawrence and Douglas County, the Be Active Safe Routes program is a comprehensive approach to make neighborhoods safe and accessible for EVERYONE. In addition to improving safety, Be Active Safe Routes benefits communities by reducing traffic congestion and air pollution, increasing the opportunity to be physically active and building community cohesion.
Be Active Safe Routes is possible because of many partnerships within the community all working toward one common goal: safe routes for all.
The Safe Routes to School Plans for Lawrence, Eudora, and Baldwin City were approved by the MPO Policy Board on November 19, 2020. View the approved plans for each community below:
|Plan||Lawrence Safe Routes to School Plan||Eudora Safe Routes to School Plan||Baldwin City Safe Routes to School Plan|
To view the public comments/staff responses and approval process visit https://lawrenceks.org/safe-routes.
- Lawrence Public Schools
- Lawrence Transportation Commission - MPO Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Lawrence Unchained Bicycle Co-op
- Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department
- Lawrence-Douglas County Metropolitan Planning Organization
- LiveWell Douglas County
- National Center for Safe Routes to School @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>