Healthy Families Douglas County
Having a new baby can be stressful for anyone. Healthy Families Douglas County is here to support you!
Healthy Families Douglas County:
- No cost
- Voluntary participation
- Offers support from a nurse or social worker
- Provides assistance with transportation to medical and WIC appointments
- Offers parenting tips and guidance
- Helps set and reach goals
- Links participants to community resources
- Offers opportunities to network with other parents and children
- Provides services in English and Spanish
- Douglas County residents who are pregnant or have a child under 3 months of age. Residents can opt to remain in program until child enters a preschool program or kindergarten.
- No income guidelines.
- To refer families or for more information, email Jenn Preston or call 785-856-5336.
- If you are a pregnant or parenting teen or are referring a teen, please contact Mandy Gwirtz at 785-856-5327.
- For uninsured women who are not citizens and are pregnant, an agreement is in place with Lawrence Memorial Hospital physicians to provide prenatal care. Please call 785-856-5335.
From the Parents
What parents are saying about the program:
- “I’ve learned so much about parenting, health and safety for my baby.”
- “I look forward to the home visits. They are fun and very helpful.”
- “They help me be the best parent I can be.”